Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Fairy Tale Interrupted The Book



I recently read this book written by Rosemarie Terenzio (JFK Jr's Personal Assistant) and loved it.  The title alone, how very powerful!  I don't know about you, but the books I choose to read always leave a mark on me, so I choose carefully and don't much care for fiction or "pop cultural icons".

Aside from the fascinating stories about John Kennedy Jr, his business associates and relationship with Carolyn Bessette, I really enjoyed learning about Rosemarie's life.   I have so many thoughts and reflections about this very well written book and I highly recommend it be read by students hoping to work in Magazine Publishing, or those who would pursue a career in PR.  Rosemarie did a fine job of highlighting the challenges as well as the confidentiality and trust issues necessary for developing professional relationships in any field. 

If you have read this book, I would love to hear your thoughts on it.  I'll leave you with a quote by JFK Jr, to Rosemarie. "Nothing is as good or bad as it seems in the moment".   What a comfort to know he had that kind of perspective given his unique place in history. 

No comments:

Post a Comment