Monday, October 22, 2012

Two Groovy Shirts - One Visual Conversation

Pinterest Board: Everyday Fashion, Designer: Miu Miu
Vintage Alex Coleman California
Take a look at these graphic dazzlers.  I know, I know they're not on every girls wish list of must have shirts for the season, but I sheepishly admit they both had me at first glance. 

It took me a bit to connect the visual dots between the Miu Miu shirt image that I joyfully pinned to my "Everyday Closet" board on Pinterest, and the polyester vintage top I recently pulled out of my fall wardrobe inventory.  They're not an exact match but they have some important things in common.  Bold graphic pattern, color schemes, floral motifs, and that groovy long sleeve button down pointed collar shirt style I love so much. 

My friends and family will recognize the latter shirt as it's been a favorite new to me piece since I picked it up last year at Chocolate Vintage ( now closed ) for $5 dollars (the Miu Miu shirt is priced in the $800 dollar range, Silk crepe print via net-a-porter).  I've worn it with skirts, denim blue jeans, black skinny jeans and it feels like a million bucks.  Who says we can't have fun on a budget?

No comments:

Post a Comment