Friday, May 15, 2015

Selfie Nation, Deconstructing Our Obsession with Ourselves


Photo Series/Styling/Cropping - A. Lozano, Photo by Merlin Elsner

Pretty self explanatory don't you think?

I find it hard to ignore the endless selfies posted on my social media time lines.  A strange visual diary, if we have eyes to see.  What to make of it?

Here it is, a mockery, a visual deconstruction exploring motivation. Beyond commerce (the farm bot #s) and our quasi celebrity/model culture, what are we doing?

One day it dawned on me, I had become an inatimate object, a mirror to be specific for my friends, family members and associates.

It's quite human to want to be seen, understood and remembered. Today we have the tools, and means to accommodate that need.  Or is it a want?

No comments:

Post a Comment