Saturday, December 24, 2011

A Textile Holiday Tribute: Manuel Canovas Paris




One of the best aspects of working in Architectural Interior Design for me was exposure to Textile Manufacturers and Designers in that industry.  It's also been great to keep up on some of those lines as I continue to explore textile in fashion now.  Thank you Cowtan and Tout for allowing me to study the details of this Manuel Canovas "Frida" textile.  The modern application of this ancient Mexican Motif is bold and beautiful.  I'm sure it will find many happy customers and creative incarnations. 

The mannequin frock is a little fashion assemblage I threw together this week.  Consider it a Christmas postcard from Detroit to the many hands and professionals that continue to make the textile industry Artfully Inspired.  Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment