Thursday, April 28, 2011

What I Wore To The Concert



A Rodie Tuning One of His Many Guitars at Intermission







Jackson Browne Older, Better, and More Than Entertaining





Jackson Browne is the poet of my Soul, it's true and I sheepishly admit I have a bit of a crush on him as well. So his recent stop in Ann Arbor, MI on April 20th was a quietly anticipated evening for me. I knew at once I had to wear this retro beaded silk Butterfly top for the occasion ( procured from DetroitDolly )a Detroit Vintage Dealer. It is the perfect visual celebration of my love for fashion and music; a little bit vintage a little bit Rock n Roll. No longer the jeans and t-shirt conservative girl I used to be in High School (when my concert going habit began), my Style has matured to include a little beaded bling for these rare outings. I still wear jeans, boots and leather jackets as I did back then, but I don't sacrifice beauty for comfort, I mix them up and have fun in the process.



Did I imagine myself at a party in a room full of folks with Jackson after the concert? Maybe. Would he notice the stunning color and detailed bead work from afar? I will never know, LOL, and who cares! I dress to celebrate an occasion, to celebrate how I feel about what I love. It was the "right" thing for me to wear to the concert and as the Michigan Theater Marqui announced, it was indeed "An Evening with Jackson Browne".

1 comment: